Comfortable Home Rebates is a contractor-delivered market transformation program that seeks to build the demand for high-performing, energy-efficient homes. We are interested in partnering with home performance professionals who are committed to promoting and executing energy efficiency upgrade projects at the highest possible level.
Our expectations of Participating Contractors are as follows:
- Educates the homeowner/customer on energy efficiency & health and safety
- Responds quickly to customer questions and needs
- Makes sure their customers completely understand the work they are recommending and performing in their homes
- Sets expectations and follows up regularly (more than once) with their customer after the work is done to ensure complete satisfaction and safety
- Communicates all changes to their customer, regardless if the change may improve what was originally agreed upon
- Reliable and professional
- Maintains a trustworthy relationship with the customer
- Never oversells what they can deliver to the customer
- Committed to running an ethical business of the highest standards
- Does not use guerrilla sales tactics to land projects
- Sells a job based on the overall benefits of retrofits instead of the rebates available for the upgrades
- Views customers as long term investments and not a tool to make a quick buck
- Takes ownership and constantly seeks ways to add value to their customers
- Constantly seeks the future sustainability of their trade and collaborates with technology and technique to offer cutting edge resolutions for their customers
- Provides exceptional quality of work and leaves the customer home in excellent condition
- Committed to continuing education, always looking for better ways to deliver value
- Corrects mistakes ASAP and doesn’t make the same mistake repeatedly
- Ensures all safety requirements are adhered to
- Be the face of the program the customers can trust
- Communicates clearly the requirements of the program and manages expectations
- Responds quickly to requests for information or documentation
- Follows through on getting the incentive application in and getting the customer paid
To qualify as a Comfortable Home Rebates Contractor:
Company must have been in operation for at least 2 years in the home performance industry.
Company must have a functioning website listing services available from the company and contact information.
Certifications & Licenses
- CSLB License Class “B” General Bldg. or “C” license(s) appropriate to scope and installation
- Maintenance contractors must hold a “C-20” license
- Technicians performing Maintenance must have a EPA Universal or Class II license and a minimum of two years’ experience
Improvement Pathway Contractors
All CAS testing must be performed by BPI Building Analyst. This person may be on the contractor staff or may be a hired Independent Building Analyst.
Independent Building Analysts
- BPI-Building Analyst certification, HERS II Whole House Rater certification (optional)
- General Liability
- Business Auto
- Workers’ Comp
Please see the 2020 Participation Agreement for full insurance details.
Watch the program orientation video: