Maintaining your central air conditioning (AC) system might not be something you think about, but it should be. Especially when you realize that cooling accounts for 44% of your home energy bill. Your AC system is complex, and needs regular maintenance, just like your car.
Essential, twice-a-year maintenance can help your AC system perform better—to keep your home more comfortable, lower your costs and reduce the chances of a breakdown. Even better: PG&E offers rebates to help you complete this service.
|Program Measure||Rebate Amount|
|ACCA 4 Assessment|
A comprehensive assessment to determine the health of your system and necessary maintenance, completed to national ACCA 4 standards . Prerequisite for all other measures.
|Refrigerant Charge Adjustment|
Set the correct refrigerant charge level to your system to maximize its efficiency.
|Efficient Fan Delay Rebate|
Install an efficient fan delay to capture cool air left in your system after the A/C has turned off.
|High-Efficiency Blower Motor Retrofit |
Replace your outdated motor with new technology for significantly improved efficiency and cost savings.
Install an Energy Star smart thermostat.
Completion of the Assessment and at least two (2) Energy Savings Measures.
*Only one additional incentive is available per eligible customer.
How It Works
Only contractors who have met rigorous criteria can assist you through the program, and will:
- Spend an hour or more at your home going over how your system is working and what you can expect from the program.
- Complete a detailed system assessment.
- Provide you with a detailed evaluation and recommendations, along with information about qualifying for rebates.
You decide what work, if any, you want your contractor to perform. Once the work has been completed, your contractor will help you apply for PG&E rebates to offset your costs.
More questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is My Home Eligible for the Program?
The Program is open to PG&E customers who:
- Have Electricity Distributed by PG&E to the Service Address (Gas service through another provider or propane is allowed as long as customers obtain electricity through PG&E)
- Have a Central Forced Air Conditioner or Heat Pump
- Live in a detached Single-Family Residence or 2-4 Unit Complex
- Have lived in the home for at least 12 months
- Plan to stay in the home for at least the next 2 years
- Have not participated in any ratepayer funded energy saving programs in the past 12 months such as ESA (Energy Savings Assistance)
This program does not include rebates for air conditioner replacement. Click here for a list of AC unit rebates.